Microsoft Azure was launched in early 2010 as a cloud computing service. It offers a wide variety of services such as PaaS (Platform as a service), IaaS (Infrastructure as a service) and SaaS (Software as a Service) and recognises many different programming languages. People have now understood the importance of cloud services, with companies in all industries migrating towards the cloud. Ever since, the Microsoft Azure Certification has become even more valuable.
The various certification options for candidates are:
For Entry Level Certification:
- Microsoft Certified Microsoft Azure Fundamentals – Attaining this certification will prove that the candidate has a basic understanding of cloud concepts, core Azure Services, Azure pricing and support, and the fundamentals of cloud security, privacy, compliance, and trust.
For Associate Level Certification:
- Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate – Attaining this certification will validate a candidate’s ability to design, build, test, and maintain cloud solutions, such as applications and services, partnering with cloud solution architects, cloud DBAs, cloud administrators, and clients to implement these solutions. An individual with this certification can develop for cloud storage, develop for azure storage and implement azure security among other skills. Required Exams: Exam AZ-203-Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure or Exam AZ-202- Microsoft Azure Developer Certification Transition (only meant for candidates who have already taken the Exam 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate – Attaining this certification will prove a candidate’s ability to implement, monitor, and maintain Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to compute, storage, network, and security. Candidates will have skills to manage Azure subscriptions, analyse resource utilisation and consumption and manage resource groups. Required Exams: Exam AZ-100: Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment, Exam AZ-101: Microsoft Azure Integration and Security or Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Transition (only for candidates who have already taken Exam 70-533- Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
For Expert Level Certification:
- Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Engineer Expert – Attaining this certification will certify an individual’s ability to combine people, process, and technologies to continuously deliver valuable products and services that meet end user needs and business objectives. Through this certification, candidates will have skills to design a DevOps strategy, implement continuous delivery and implement application infrastructure among other skills. Required Exams: Exam AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions. Candidates must be proficient with Agile practices. They must be familiar with both Azure administration and Azure development and experts in at least one of these areas.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert – Attaining this certification validates that an individual has expertise in compute, network, storage, and security so that they can design solutions that run on Azure. An individual with this certification. A candidate with this certification has the necessary skills to deploy and configure infrastructure, create and deploy apps and design infrastructure strategy among other skills. Required Exams: Exam AZ-300: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies, Exam AZ-301: Microsoft Azure Architect Design or Exam AZ-302: Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Certification Transition (only for candidates who have taken Exam 70-535: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions.