What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a branch of Computer Science that makes it possible for machines to perform human-like tasks by learning from experience and adjusting to new inputs. The machines basically start mimicking humans. Examples include self-driving cars, computers playing chess, robots impersonating humans, machine learning and much more.
AI is an essential part of the IoT as well. It allows machines and devices to communicate with each other and do their work, leaving humans free to sit back and relax.
Why Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence is going to bring another revolution that will most probably change the way we produce, manufacture and deliver. Every tech giant is investing heavily in AI as the major number of tasks done by humans could very well be replaced by computers which will speed up the pace of work and eventually increase the growth.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence
Let us talk about some of the major applications of Artificial Intelligence.
- Chatbots – Chatbots are an incredible invention delivering smart and flexible analytics via conversations on mobile devices using standard messaging tools. This technique has invariably reduced the time to collect data, thereby increasing the speed of business.
- Improves Workplace Communication – AI helps businesses improve communication internally as well as externally. It allows for individual personalization and thus increases focus and productivity.
- Improved Human Resource Management – HR department in any organization is going to benefit a lot from AI. The primary reason being the huge volume of data that the department holds. If the other tasks of the department are automated, HR can leverage more time in interacting with the employees directly or with potential hires.
- Healthcare – AI helps in improving reliability, predictability, and consistency and thus, can be used as a decision augmentation tool. It is obvious that doctors and nurses cannot be replaced with AI, but it can surely make their work more effective and efficient.
- Intelligent Cyber Security – AI enables data protection. It allows businesses to detect weaknesses in business applications such as ERP and Financial systems.
- Streamlined Manufacturing with AI – AI helps in streamlining vast amounts of data and processing it from various databases. This paves a way for reducing non-productive downtime and predicting failures.
- Retail – A tremendous amount of potential of AI can be seen in the online shopping wave that has been created. Online shopping lets the systems understand individual preferences, spending capacity and preferred channels. Automated bots have created lifelike customer service experiences leveraging the data such as purchase history and known preferences.
Reasons to Get Certified
Looking at the applications of Artificial Intelligence and its use in almost every field, it is quite clear that a career in Artificial Intelligence is one of the best decisions that anyone could make. Also, a great career is built basis a great start. This great start is often provided by a valid certification in the related field. Let us understand what a certification in AI can offer further.
- Enhanced Career Opportunities – As per Gartner, AI will be responsible for creating 2.3 million jobs by 2020. AI is also leading to the creation of new and important roles in the market, thus increasing the job opportunities. These jobs will primarily prefer certified individuals over uncertified ones.
- Demand for Certified Individuals will always be High – AI is an emerging technology and important for businesses to take essential decisions. Thus, the demand for AI certified professionals will continue to increase.
- Easier Shortlisting – A certification can increase your chances of getting shortlisted for an interview. Furthermore, the skills that you receive via certification increase your chances of getting hired.
- Increased Earning Potential – As per PayScale, the average salary for an individual with AI skills ranges from $99,069 per year for a Software Engineer to $123,300 per year for a Senior Software Engineer. There are other sources also that claim even higher average salaries for skilled and experienced AI professionals. This makes this domain of computer science a highly lucrative option for individuals foreseeing a great career.
Artificial Intelligence is sure to play a prominent role in the future of technology. Interested individuals can very well make the best use of this time and make themselves proficient in AI skills in the meanwhile. AI is sure to take you places.