A Salesforce Administrator is a business leader with a deep knowledge of the operations within the company. While focusing on implementing process automations in order to make all departments successful, a Salesforce Administrator believes in running a smooth and lean business.
In order to champion productivity, a Salesforce Administrator creates tools on any device such as easy to use dashboards, intelligent workflows and applications required for any project.
Apart from these, a Salesforce Administrator has got a huge variety of roles, major ones being:
- Adds new users, allocate system permissions and modify the existing accounts.
- Checks and removes duplicate contacts or Salesforce accounts by updating and combining them in bulk.
- Analyses data stored in the Salesforce CRM systems and creates reports including facts and figures necessary for increasing the business income.
- Troubleshoots email campaigns, workflows, approval cycles or auto-responders that create bounced emails.
- Fixes data records to make them accessible to users.
- Stores the weekly system data and attachments properly for future use
- Runs data duplication tools, adoption dashboards and data-quality dashboards.
Certification is a Must
To gain expertise or master the Salesforce skills, a Salesforce certification is imperative even for professionals working already in Salesforce administration.
There are two types of certifications for Administrators:
- Salesforce Certified Administrator – Candidates who wish to earn this certification must have a strong knowledge of Salesforce applications, know how to configure and manage Salesforce, and possess innovative skills.
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator – Candidates already having an advanced level experience as a Salesforce Administrator are eligible for this certification.
There are no major prerequisites for the certification, however, certifications such as Administration Essentials for New Admins (ADM 201), and Administration Essentials for New Admins and Certification (ADM 201C) are recommended.
These certifications are recognized by the Salesforce University Training and Certification.
Also, Read our latest article on Why Becoming Salesforce Certified is One of the Best Career Moves These Days?
Choosing the Right Training Partner
To become a Salesforce certified, it is highly recommended to choose the right training partner, with Koenig being the best amongst all.
Koenig being a pioneer in IT training and certifications, stands out from the crowd and provides the best training experience with the help of various innovative learning methods and delivery models.
Koenig has more than 350 certified trainers and earned more than 30 authorizations including that of Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, VMware, Red Hat, Novell, EC Council, Adobe, among others.
Koenig has been successfully providing IT training to the global workforce from several Fortune 500 companies and governments worldwide.
Pro Tip: To fast-track, your learning about Salesforce, consider Updated Salesforce Training Course.
Examination Structure and Procedures
The exam includes a set of 60 multiple choice questions that are required to be completed within a span of 105 minutes. A candidate must score at least 65% to pass the exam.
The registration fee for the exam is $200 plus applicable taxes as per the local law. The exam retake fee is $100 plus applicable taxes as per the local law.
All Salesforce certified candidates are required to maintain their certification by sitting for maintenance exams with the Salesforce product release cycles. These exams are generally intimated by emails to the candidates.
This is to note that earning a higher level credential does not exempt a candidate from having to take up a maintenance exam. In fact, a candidate will then have to take up the maintenance exams for both the certifications.
Since certified Salesforce professionals are capable of handling the business processes and data management efficiently, they are in huge demand. This is also the reason why many professionals are opting for a career in Salesforce administration. The benefit that these professionals offer to a company and the leadership qualities that they gain from this certification, lead them towards a growth in their salary and career.
If we look at the salary, a Salesforce Administrator earns an average salary of $64,680 annually.
Also, an entry-level Salesforce Administrator can expect to earn an average salary of $62,000 and the figure can increase up to an average of $90,000 with an experience of over 20 years, as per a survey conducted by PayScale.
Looking at the details and the benefits, there is no doubt that choosing a career in Salesforce administration is a lucrative and a fruitful decision.