A Cisco certification ensures an individual’s expertise in networking fundamentals and concepts. It basically demonstrates a thorough understanding of business communication devices and networking, as well as the Cisco system.
Cisco certifications are classified into four different levels of expertise which are covered via seven different paths. The four levels include:
- Routing and Switching
- Storage Networking
A Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is considered to be one of the highly sought after certifications these days. A credential in networking brings many rewards that are possible only after earning a certification in a specific field. Cisco certifications have a proven record of being highly beneficial for candidates choosing a career in the networking field. Also, since the demand for Cisco professionals often exceeds the supply, this is the best time to opt for a career in networking.
Benefits to Individuals
Let us look at some of the prominent benefits that a Cisco certified individual gains.
- Proof of unparalleled networking knowledge – The major reason behind enrolling for Cisco certifications is to gain and validate knowledge on network technologies and protocols. They also empower an individual to tackle issues related to real-world environments and risks associated with network implementation. Cisco certifications provide the experience of laboratory sessions which emphasize on problem-solving skills.
- More opportunities for career improvement – A Cisco certification proves that you are qualified for a number of roles and this increases the visibility of your job profile. It also ensures immediate promotion within your current organization.
- Higher paycheck – The average salary corresponding to Cisco Systems is $104,000 per year. Further, the average salaries start from $75,491 per year for a Customer Support Engineer and goes up to $143,222 per year for a Senior Product Manager, as per a survey conducted by PayScale.
A survey of 12,000 IT professionals done by Cisco (84% of them from the United States and Canada) revealed that Cisco certified individuals earned 5 to 9 percent more than noncertified individuals.
As per Cisco itself, certified professionals earn as much as 10% more than their uncertified peers working in similar profiles.
- Given more preference – Due to the skills, expertise and knowledge acquired by earning a certification, employers prefer certified professionals over uncertified ones. Thus, clearing any interview and getting a job becomes way easier.
- Global recognition – Cisco certifications are globally recognized and industry-standard. Hence, the demand for these certifications are always on a higher side.
- Lets you remain up-to-date – Cisco keeps candidates updated with the latest technologies and changes. Thus, earning a Cisco certification will prove to be a great move to progress towards a brighter future.
Benefits to Organizations
Cisco certified professionals bring many benefits to organizations as well. These professionals:
- Bring increased productivity
- Lower the unscheduled downtime by 20%
- Reduce the money spent on external support for network management almost by 20%
- Reduce the cost on external support for network security approximately by 30%
Other major reason why organizations seek Cisco certified professionals is that these credentials eliminate the requirement of any further training for the hired employees.
Cisco certifications let you specialize in a range of IT networking disciplines.
Some other Cisco Certification Facts
In order to get a clearer idea about these certifications, here are some more facts and figures.
- Projected job growth: 21% or higher
- Best Associate Level Networking Certification is CCNA Certification: CCNA Routing and Switching v3
- Best Wireless Network Certification is CCNP Certification: CCNP Wireless
- Best Expert Level Network Certification is CCIE Certification: CCIE
Based on the above facts, professionals can easily choose the most suitable certification and fast track their career.