There are a number of cloud certifications available in the market, but AWS stands at the top of the list and provides various certifications at different levels. This allows you to choose a certification as per your domain and requirement.
If you are new to AWS, you need to understand which certification would suit and benefit you. Though the AWS certification guide is readily available for everybody, it is necessary to understand the nitty-gritties in a simpler manner.
Overview of AWS certifications
Going through the details, it becomes easy for anybody to choose the certification that best suits the individual. Before jumping on to certifications, it is best to understand the roles associated with the certifications. This will help optimize the search criteria as per the requirement, domain and experience.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner – An AWS Cloud Practitioner is a fresher who possesses basic knowledge of AWS Cloud and different AWS domains. To become an AWS Cloud Practitioner, one needs to clear the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner – This certification provides the skills necessary to understand the complete AWS Cloud concepts. This certification also stands as a prerequisite for Advanced Networking and Big Data certification exams.
Looking at the role in terms of salary that it fetches, it stands as a good option for fresher as the average annual salary for an AWS Cloud Practitioner is $90,512, as per the Indeed Survey 2017.
- AWS Solutions Architect – An AWS Solutions Architect is the one responsible for designing and deploying highly secure, scalable and cost-effective applications on AWS.
AWS provides two certification levels for the Solutions Architect role – one being the Associate level and the other being the Professional level. Passing the Associate level certification exam is a prerequisite to sit for the Professional level certification exam.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate – The course allows a candidate to create solutions using architectural design principals.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional – This course validates your advanced technical skills in costing and account management, network design, data storage, security, scalability and elasticity and cloud migration.
The salary associated with these certifications varies from $160,000 to $175,000 per annum, as per a survey conducted by Zip Recruiter.
- AWS Developer – The AWS Developer is responsible to design and develop highly reliable and fault-tolerant applications on AWS. AWS offers two certification levels for the AWS Developer role. Again, the Associate level serves as the prerequisite for the Professional level examination.
- AWS Certified Developer Associate – The course provides the necessary skills to create applications on AWS.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional – The course provides technical expertise in operating and managing distributed application systems on the AWS platform.
The annual salary range associated with these certifications varies between $99,000 to $146,000 as per a survey was done by Zip Recruiter.
- AWS Administrator – An AWS Administrator is responsible for configuring, monitoring and managing the AWS Cloud Management Service. This role also comes with two different, Associate and Professional, certification levels.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate – This certification validates a candidate’s ability to deploy and manage AWS solutions, and troubleshoot AWS environments for better performance.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional – This certification will allow you to use the most common DevOps patterns to provision, operate and manage distributed application systems on the AWS platform.
These certifications can easily bag you a handsome annual salary that may range from $92,050 to $136,000 per annum, according to the 2017 Salary Report by Indeed.
- AWS Big Data Expert – An AWS Big Data Expert is responsible to design and implement AWS services to derive value from data. The only certification associated with this job role is the AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty.
- AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty – This certification enables candidates to implement AWS services to obtain value from the available data. This certification requires a good knowledge of data analytics concepts.
As per a survey was done by Indeed, the average annual salary that an AWS Big Data Expert can earn is $99,909 and this can even be higher based on the experience of the candidate.
- AWS Networking Expert – An AWS Networking Expert possesses an advanced knowledge of designing and implementing AWS architecture along with an experience in performing complex networking tasks.
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty – This certification provides the advanced level skills in designing and implementing AWS and hybrid IT network architectures. You will be able to design a secure and scalable network infrastructure on AWS. Check out Types of AWS Specialty Certification
An AWS Networking Expert can earn an average salary of $113,065 per annum, as per a survey conducted by Indeed.
Upon understanding the roles as well as the associated certifications, it becomes really easy to choose the most appropriate path. As such, the AWS trend is there to exist for long and so the career growth associated with it. Understanding each and every role thoroughly and opting for the most appropriate one will surely prove fruitful in the long run. Figuring out what is best for you helps you enhance your abilities as well. So choose wisely.