The VMware certifications are the most well-known and highly popular certification that generally deals with the virtual technologies. The VMware certification makes the resume look really impressive and thus here are some of the essential things that you should know about this certification.
What is VMware Certification?
VMware certification defines IT professional’s standards and empowers them with the desired skills for finding their dream IT job. VMware offers various certifications in network virtualization, desktop and mobility, data center and cloud management and automation. VMware certification course is the global certification for the various virtualization solutions and software.
Training Cost for VMware:
The training courses for VMware may differ as per the choice of the candidate and according to the various formats of the examinations. The range for the training of VCP6 ranges from $4,000 to $7,000. However, due to the various discounts offered by VMware often cut down the training fee. With the discounts, the VMware training can be availed by many people.
- On an average, the exam price for the VMware certified professional 6 and 6.5 is around $250 USD.
- The foundation examination for vSphere is $125.
The Career Options for VMware Certified:
Over the time, VMware network virtualization Course has become popular in the market. If being an IT professional you want to make your career in the virtualization, then VCP 6.5 –DCV and VCP 6.5 can be the right choice for you. The leading job sectors that open up after the completion of the certification are either being the system administrators and system engineers. All the leading organizations are consistently looking for the professionals who can install, administer and install the support solutions of VMware.
The VCP certification for the beginners are so designed that it enhances the skills of the person in terms to monitor, troubleshoot, manage and do the administration dealings of the system. On the other hand, the advanced certifications of VCP 6.5- DCV focuses on the advanced professional skills to design, automation and management of cloud computing, virtualization of the network. There is a huge scope of career advancement once you have successfully completed the VMware certifications.
The Overview of the VMware Certification:
The VMware certification empowers the professional’s skills who are working with data centers and virtual support environment. The VMware certification versions keep updating from time to time. Presently, the version-6 certification is ruling the market but it sooner is overshadowed by version 7 certification as it has been released in the market.
Before going in the detailing of the certifications, here are the main categories in which you can pursue your Certification:
- Automation and management of the cloud technology
- Virtualization of data center
- Desktop and mobility
- Virtualization of network
The VMware courses in each of the category have different certification levels. The certification levels are designed for the associates, professionals, advanced professionals, experts in implementation and experts in designing. There is a defined VMware training for levels of professionals.
Let us now dig in with details about the various categories of the VMware Certifications.
The Certifications of VMware Cloud Management and Automation:
This certification is so designed to judge the general and advanced knowledge of cloud computing of the candidate. In addition to this, the certification highlights the skills of the person working with vCloud Suite and vRealize. The professionals who are trying to achieve the professional certification must first acquire the foundation certification first with the various VMware courses available.The 2 VCA6 Certifications target the two main categories:
● The certification which targets the IT professionals having technical knowledge for virtualization of the cloud infrastructure along with vCloud Suite technologies and products under the automation and management of the cloud (VCA6-CMA).
● The IT professionals who are working with vCloud air, hybrid cloud platforms of hybrid cloud, etc. will get benefit under hybrid cloud certification (VCA6-HC).
The Certifications for Virtualization of VMware Data Center:
The certification is focused on the skills on vSphere 6. If you want to avail the basic knowledge about the vSphere and basic technologies of VMware then the associate certification of VMware (VCA6-DCV) would be the right choice.
The VMware certified professional 6 (VCP6-DCV) aims at the advanced skills of VMware for the IT professionals. This certification aims towards the experienced professionals who have worked with the VMware technologies for 6 months.There are also 2 advanced professional certifications in this category which are as follow:
● If you are good in deploying the technology, choose VCAP6 – DCV deploy
● On the contrary, if your strong hand is in designing, choose VCAP6 – DCV design
The Certifications of VMware Desktop and Mobility:
VMware horizon is the main concern in this certification.
● The IT professionals which can handle the mobile devices and desktops in a virtual manner can opt for the beginners course (VCA6-DTM).
● On the other hand, if you are experienced with 6 months of working experience in VMware horizon and vSphere then the advanced course of (VCP6-
DTM) will make the right pick.
Further, if you want to grow the advanced certification then you need 2 years of professional experience and a cleared certification of VCP6- DTM.
● IT professionals who want to master in designing business environments with Horizon 6 can take up VCAP6- desktop and mobility design.
● IT professionals who have interest in deploying and optimizing the working environment of Horizon 6 can gain the required knowledge from VCAP6- desktop and mobility deployment.
The Certifications for VMware Network Virtualization:
This certification is for those professionals in the IT sector who can design, implement and manage the NSX aspects and environments of VMware. Just like the other certifications, this certification also has one entry-level associate certification and one an advanced level certification.
● The network virtualization under VCA6 is the basic entry-level certification that aims for the professionals who have some basic experience with the
NSX environment and its usage.
● The network virtualization under VCP6 is the advanced level of the certification which is designed for the IT professionals having at least 6 months of experience with the VSX environment. The candidates who are seeking to avail this certification must undertake the required training and then clear two examinations as well.
Also Read:-VMware Benefits for Employment