The growing hacking attacks, digital threats, attacks in the field of cryptocurrencies have raised the need of skilled IT professionals. People only know about the hacking course in the IT field. The world of IT security is growing with every passing day giving rise to many new opportunities. According to ISACA, a non-profit information security advocacy group, 2019 will welcome around 2 million cyber security jobs.
IT Security Domain – What do the Experts do?
The various roles and responsibilities that the professionals need to perform in the organization are as follow:
- Working closely with the incident responder and experts of forensics department
- Identifying the possible malwares, viruses that affect the organization’s normal functioning
- Analyzing any suspicious code available
- Designing test cases for timely identification of any threat in the organization’s systems
The Best Certifications to get into Cyber Security Industry
With the amazing opportunities of IT jobs that one can avail in the coming years, the expected rise in the salary is somewhere near to $170,000. The expansion in the field of IT security now demands the IT professionals with the right certification and skills. There are many options for certifications from which you can make a choice to select the right one for you. Some of the most popular and well-known certifications in the IT field are as follow:
- CEH certification for certified ethical hacker
- ISSEP/CISSP (certified information systems security professional)
7 Best IT Security Jobs
- Cyber Security Head
- Chief security officer
- Incident Responder
- Chief information security officer
- Expert of computer forensics
- Lead security engineer
- Malware analyst
While you make the right choice for choosing the most suitable certification for yourself, here is the list of some of the IT security jobs that you may be eligible for:
#1. Cyber Security Head: As the name suggests the professional handles all the related issues of cyber security. The person is responsible for the perfect management of cyber risks. The offered salary for this job is in between $90,000 to $125,000. The following are the required education requirements:
- Must a professional certification in information security of the organization’s systems
- Understanding security functions architecture
- Experience in team management in security sector
In brief, the person is responsible for planning, developing and implementing an infrastructure for global security against the possible security threats within the organization.
Also Read:- Top 10 Cyber Security Certifications for 2018
#2. Chief security officer: The offered salary of this job is $139,763. The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or cyber security Certification Course along with a technical master’s degree in some particular IT specialization. It has the following job responsibilities:
- Maintaining the digital security requirements of the company
- Identifying emerging threats
- Establishing the best data security practices
#3. Incident Responder: These professional are those who observe the organizational IT system and report any kind of security issues, vulnerability and threats. The professional work directly with the Incident response team of the organization. The required skills that are needed by these professionals are as follow:
- E-discovery tools
- Knowledge regarding security of web-based applications
- Software of forensic
The following are the job responsibilities of the job:
- Conducting penetration tests
- Undergo many audits for security
- Analyzing the various malwares
The average salary that these professionals get is in between $48,557 and $105,171.
#4. Chief information security officer: Anyone who has a bachelor’s degree in computer science along with certifications like CISSP, CISA, CISM or GSLC is eligible for this kind of jobs. The average salary that this job offers is $131,322. The following are the responsibilities of this job:
- Developing IT security strategies for the organization
- Protecting the sensitive information and data from cyber hacking done by hackers
- Reporting potential security threats
- Developing effective process for security-related incidents
#5. Expert of computer forensics: These professionals work towards the investigation of any crimes in the computer network. A good knowledge of programming language and operating systems for carefully analyzing the computer crimes. The professionals need to work closely with the following responsibilities:
- Collecting evidence of legal cases
- Creating technical reports
- Train the new professionals with the possible law and security implementation
The professionals can earn a salary in between $57,037 to $119,337 with an average salary of $82,231.
#6. Lead Security Engineer: This job offers a salary of $127,123 to the candidates who opt for this job. The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science along with advanced certifications like CEH or CISSP. The advanced hacking course can also provide an advantage to the candidate. The candidate has the following job responsibilities:
- Leading the security team of the organization
- Securing the operating environments of the organization
Also Read:- Why Get CISSP Certification?
#7. Malware Analyst: The person’s main responsibility is to analyze the presence of any kind of viruses, Trojans, malwares, worms, etc. within the organization. The role also includes in making the organizational employees to understand the various malicious software that harm their working. The required qualifications for this job are:
- Understanding the various operating systems in depth
- Understanding the various programming languages
Talking about the average salary, the person can make an average of $84,739. The salary range lies in between $52, 156 and $123,291.
Also Read:- Top Highest Paying IT Certifications in 2018