International Institute of Business Analysis recently announced their new multi-level and competency-based framework for certification. There have been a lot of buzz in the market about the difference in the different levels of business analysis certifications available after that. These available levels are so developed to serve different needs to the professionals entering into the field of business analysis.
Level 1 – ECBA (Entry certificate in business analysis)
Level 2 – CCBA (Certification of capability in business analysis)
Level 3 – CBAP (Certified business analysis professionals)
Targeting the beginners to the senior professionals, these certification courses are capable enough to test the skills and knowledge of the aspirants as a business analyst. However, the two most distinguished and well-known certifications popular amongst the professionals are: CCBA certifications and CBAP certifications.
The Difference in the ECBA or CCBA or CBAP Certification Courses:
Let us understand the key difference in the three different levels of business analysis certifications:-
- Requirement analysis and creation of design definition
- Strategy and Business analysis
- Life cycle management for the gathered requirements of projects
- Elicitation and collaboration
- Solution evaluation
- Making business plans and monitoring
|Parameters||Entry certificate in business analysis (ECBA)||Certification of capability in business analysis (CCBA)||Certified business analysis professionals (CBAP)|
|Targeted audience||Individuals entering the field of business analysis||Business analyst professionals having 2-3 years of working experience||Business analyst professionals having 5 years of working experience|
|Eligibility||No prior working experience, no expertise in particular knowledge area||21 hours of professional development training in 4 years, minimum 3750 hours of BA work experience in 7 years||35 hours of professional development training in 4 years, minimum 7500 hours of BA work experience in 10 years|
|PDU||21 in last 4 years||21 in last 4 years||35 in last 4 years|
|Exam pattern||50 multiple choice questions in 1.5 hours||130 multiple choice questions in 3 hours||120 multiple choice questions in 3.5 hours along with multiple questions about the case|
|Re-appearance||Twice within one year||Twice within one year||Twice within one year|
|Fees for retake of exams||
|Application fee||60 USD||125 USD||125 USD|
Based on the information you can get an idea about the type of certification that will suit you the best. However, most of the industry experts are in favor of having a CCBA certification considering it as a must to have for the business analyst. Further, if you interested in going in-depth with the business analysis details, you can pursue a CBAP certification.
Let us now learn what makes CCBA one of the best choices for a business analyst.
Why opt for CCBA Certification?
CCBA certification is for all those business analyst professionals who are interesting in gaining a formal certification for their analytical skills for the business. The business professionals with this certification get a certified professional recognition for their experience, skills, and knowledge as a business analyst. This certification qualifies the professional for their worth for handling the more detailed professional responsibilities.
Benefits of Pursuing CCBA certification:
CCBA certification not only highlights the skills and competencies of the business analyst professional but also showers some benefits to the business analyst’s organization. As having a CCBA certification is one of the must requirements in the field of business analysis, here are some benefits that one can avail after completing the certification:
- Formal recognition of the skills and knowledge of the business analyst
- Opens immense business opportunities for the professional
- Improves the confidence and performing abilities of the professionals
- For maintaining the certification, the professional continuously upgrade and improve his business analysis skills
- The professional gets entitles for jobs with high salary
- Instant recognition by the well-known and leading institutes of business analysis
- Better professional graph and expertise as compared to the people not having the CCBA certification
Benefits of CCBA Certification for the Organization:
- Effective and advanced implementation of business analysis skills within the surroundings of the organization
- Dedicated efforts for the better utilization of the potential of business analysis in all the leading business fields
- Commitment of the organizational staff towards fulfilling their duties
- Abilities to follow the industry-specific standard guidelines for demonstrating the business analysis skills and activities
- The organization gets a competitive edge over the other organizations not having the certifications
- Enhances the chances of the organization for finding ad-hoc to high-level projects
Considering the relevance and benefits that the CCBA certification holds in upgrading the knowledge and skills of the professional along with enhancing the recognition of the organization, it won’t be wrong to say that it is one of the essential requirements of the business analyst professionals. CBAP Certification: CBAP certification is yet another prestigious certification that most of the business analyst wishes to pursue and is considered to be the highest level of certification in the business field of analysis. The professionals with this certification are always preferred over others for the higher business activities as a business analyst. Further, it opens many new advanced business opportunities for the professionals and also strengthens them in terms of salary.
There is always a close call in choosing between the CCBA certification and CBAP certification. If you are qualified with the experience to go for the CBAP certification, pursue the certification as it is the detailed course outlet for the business analyst. However, if you don’t have the required experience for pursuing the CBAP certification and still want to expand your knowledge base and experience in business analyst, then choosing a CCBA certification is the best option.