Cyber security certifications deal with a variety of subjects offering security courses and are usually administered by different accrediting organizations that function independently. These accrediting organizations generally divide programs into three major categories- the entry level, intermediate level and the expert level. With the demand for all IT Security Vera rising across IT domains, the scale of eligible IT Security professionals too is on the rise. At the current time, a number of IT pros who pick IT Security as a field of expertise has enhanced due to presence of expanded scope for IT security careers. IT Certification demonstrates that a professional is dedicated towards the related domain while also revealing skills and the expertise on these specific areas. The following certs or credentials below have been seen to be the best in business for the present time.
Irrespective of the level of certification or the topic of cyber security there are certain things which are common:
- IT based security certifications are used across organizations and various job profiles
- The process of credentialing generally consists of a final examination clubbed with training
- Security certifications need to be renewed every 3 or 4 years
- In order to get a recertification, you will have to continue your educational credit along with ability to pass current examinations
The Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) certification or CEH V9 Course is much in demand and the track around it is clarified below. The purpose of this certification is:
- Establishment of minimum standards for information security specialists for Ethical hacking measure.
- Informing public that such individuals exceed minimum standards.
- Reinforcing ethical hacking and self regulating and unique profession.
CEH V9 Examination
125 questions for a test duration of four hours and these come in multiple choice format. This ethical hacking program is at the top of the list of most desirable information security training courses.
The latest CEH V9 Version of the Security Certification Focuses on:
- New attack vector
- Cloud Computing Technology
- Mobile tech
- Addressing the latest vulnerabilities
- Focus on shell shock CVE20146271
- Focus on Poodle CVE20143566
- Mobile phone based hacking
- Coverage of latest virus
- Security standards and loss
- Focus on current threats to existing operating systems
The candidate be eligible to attempt this certification he will have to attend official training or at least have a couple of years of experience in information security.
Certified Information System Security professional (CISSP)
Desertification of cybersecurity is one of the most illiterate ways for demonstrating knowledge as well as advancing career to become a member of an existing community of leaders in the cyber security domain. Is that you have all of the eligibility to design is well as implement and run information security programs.
- 5 years of full time work experience in the domain
- Candidate must have dealt with at least Two domains specified in CISSP Common Body of Knowledge
- In case you do not have the above experience you can actually substitute a year experience with a 4-year degree from college or completion of the course’s prerequisite pathway
Exam takes up to 3 hours if taken in the English language over a computer adaptive testing method. The question bank consists of 100 to 150 questions and comes in MCQ format. The pass mark is 700 out of full 1000 points.
Cisco Certified Network Professional Security- CCNP security certification
This security certification course is generally suited for the job role of a Cisco network security engineer who could be responsible for security across switches, routers, networking devices as well as appliances or even for supporting, deploying and troubleshooting firewall, IDS or IPS solutions and VPNS.
You need to be at least 10 + 2 certified from recognized board to be eligible for this certification course training. With this course one can expect to polish understanding about scalable career grid infrastructure that have features for rubber expansion report on latest services as well as customer requisites.
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
This is a popular credential for IT pros who are responsible for management, supervision and development of information security system in any enterprise-level app. It comes in handy for development of organizational security practices. This CISM credential dates back to 2003 and is conferred by Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
Those interested in top quality levels of audit, control as well as IT security can avail the same. With this certification, you are seen as skilled in program development, incident management and security risk management.
- Passing CISM exam is the first step. However, the candidate must agree to the ISACA Code of Professional Ethics.
- At least five years of information security experience, that includes three years of work experience in IT security management.