If you are planning to earn a TOGAF certification, these questions would certainly cross your mind. Of course you need the answers:
What is TOGAF?
TOGAF – The Open Group Architecture Framework – is globally accepted enterprise architecture framework. It is known for providing an approach for planning, designing, implementing and regulating an enterprise IT architecture. Acquiring both Level 1 and Level 2 certifications provides candidates advanced knowledge of Architecture Development Method (ADM), Architecture Repository and Enterprise Continuum.
The TOGAF certification is for:
- Enterprise Architects
- Business Architects
- IT Architects
- Data Architects
- Systems Architects
- Solutions Architects
Precisely, TOGAF is a high-level approach to designing and modelled at four levels – Business, Application, Data, and Technology. It relies on standardization, modularization, and already existing proven technologies and products.
Developed by The Open Group, based on DoD’s (United States Department of Defense) TAFIM (Technical Architecture Framework for Information Management), TOGAF came into light in the year 1995.
Who Provides TOGAF?
TOGAF certification for Enterprise Architects is offered by The Open Group, a vendor and technology neutral consortium. Lately, many IT companies and government agencies have applied and acquired the membership of The Open Group to follow its methodology for the betterment of their Enterprise Architecture.
Aside from the TOGAF certification, The Open Group also gives a set of rules and standards to follow for Enterprise Architecture, Real Time and Embedded System, Service Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Management, Security and Risk, Trusted Technology and UNIX.
What Lies in the Core of TOGAF?
TOGAF certification tests your knowledge in the Architecture Methodology and Framework by Open Group. The latest Version of the TOGAF Methodology is TOGAF 9.1. The key area which is tested in the certification is TOGAF ADM.
The Content Outline for TOGAF:
- Architecture Development Method (ADM)
- ADM Guidelines and Techniques
- Enterprise Continuum & Tools
- TOGAF Reference Models
- Architecture Capability Framework
- Architecture Content Framework
How Many Certifications in TOGAF?
There are Two TOGAF Certifications:
●TOGAF 9 Foundation Certification
This is to test your basic knowledge of the key concepts of the TOGAF 9.1.
It is more advanced than the TOGAF Foundation certification exam. It tests your knowledge and understanding of TOGAF concepts and its application. Moreover, it is an open book exam.
You can take both the exams at the same time. However, certification will be provided only after you successfully pass both the exams.
You can also checkout: – A Complete Guide to do Togaf Certification
How to Prepare for the TOGAF Certification?
- Join a good training institute where certified trainers will help with your preparation.
- You would require approx two months for prepare for TOGAF certification exam. Prepare for around 6-10 hours a week studying to pass in the first attempt.
- TOGAF study Guides by Rachel Harrison, sold by The Open Group, can be a good learning resource.
- TOGAF 9 Foundation Study Guide is you can trust for detailed explanation of the key concepts of the TOGAF methodology. The study guide also has sample questions at the end of each chapter to help you understand the exam format. Refer this study guide to pass the TOGAF Foundation Certification Exam.
- You can find the advanced topics required for the TOGAF Certified exam in TOGAF Certified Study Guide. If you want to cross this advanced level, you need to understand the concepts of TOGAF, primarily the use of ADM for Enterprise Architecture development.
- These books not only help you understand the TOGAF concepts, but also provide you practice tests to prepare for the exam.
TOGAF certification exam tests your understanding of the concepts, not the terminologies and definitions. So, better be determined and learn from your heart.