What is PHP Programming?
PHP is one of the most popular server-side scripting languages that exist today. It is an open-source general-purpose scripting language, which has the capability to communicate back and forth with a server and create dynamic web pages. The language is agile, secure and reliable. Its flexibility allows it to run on both Windows and Linux.
A brief about the PHP Certification Program
Through the PHP certification programs, students are trained on the necessary skills to handle different programming projects. Course work may include the following subjects:
- Introduction to PHP
- Database programming
- Relational theory and logical design
- Syntax, operators, and variables
- Object orientation
- Web 2.0 design
Benefits of learning PHP programming
The colossal demand of the language and its application in the market makes it a saleable course and a profitable one; with a certification that has a long-term value.
The benefits of learning PHP are –
- It is highly in demand amongst businesses, firms, startups, bloggers and web designers
- It is a knowledge based course
- A valid certification is valuable in every field.
- It’s easy to learn
- Supports All of the Leading Databases
- It’s free to use
- A sample code can always be found in an Internet search to guide you in the proper direction
- There are tons of employment opportunities for PHP Programmers
- There are a host of class libraries and frameworks available for PHP
What are your PHP Certification Options?
PHP certificate programs are offered by different continuing institutes. Some of these courses require the students to hold a high school diploma. Typically, applicants must have a working knowledge of computers and computer applications.
You can also checkout: How to Develop Secure PHP Applications
In addition to different PHP certification programs, certain organizations and institutions also offer PHP certification. The organizations require individuals to complete a series of tests in order to earn PHP certification, which will then provide them with an industry benchmark and make them valuable in the market. For the certification, individuals must be convinced that they understand how PHP can be applied in real-world situations.
In short, a PHP certification may be received after completing courses on web programming, database programming, database theory, and other applications of PHP.
A brief about the PHP Certification Examination
There is a 90-minute test with approximately 90 questions which need to be answered accurately to qualify in the examination.
PHP certification tests typically have multiple-choice questions which must be completed with at least 75% accuracy.
How to Prepare?
These are the steps that decide the scope of your PHP-readiness.
- Practice sample papers and practical implementation of the programs.
- Keep a practical knowledge.
- Keep the basics strong.
- Use lowercase letters with functions in the exam. Make a practice to keep this in mind.
- Be cautious of what you enter.
- Devote time.
- Get online mock tests from a recognized certification in order to get an idea of the pattern.
- Find study guides of recommended certifications.
- Get tutorials online and feedback from previous candidates.
What is it that you are preparing for with PHP certification?
Employers mostly evaluate a candidate by his or her skills level and will ask the candidate a basic test problem to evaluate his or her coding skills. However, most companies are confident only if the candidate is really ready to develop PHP applications and holds a PHP certification. It adds as an icing on the cake.
You need to have a clear understanding and knowledge of all the necessary concepts and ideas pertinent to the language script. You can choose a training institute for acclaimed faculty and months of training. Or you can strive for mastering PHP certification by yourself.
- Functions, operators, syntax, variables, etc. are prerequisite knowledge.
- Practice the coding and implement it for better recognition.
- Learn about Web security and how to apply it while preparing.
- Learn to halt session hijacking.
- Learn XML basics and XML extensions.
- Keep the fundamentals strong in order to score efficiently.
- The power of conditionals and loop structures.
- Application of the strings and arrays
- Cookies management, file management, and database handling.
- Multiple ways to write codes
- How to write better codes
Popular Career Options
A PHP certificate can enable the qualified individuals to hold a variety of careers. Some of these include:
- Website programmer
- Network administrator
- Database programmer
- Web developer
Employment Outlook and Salary Information
The average annual salary of a PHP Developer is Rs. 2,55,360.
However, if you have additional skills like Drupal, Model-view-controller (MVC), Dynamic HTML (DHTML), jQuery, MySQL, PHP frameworks like Laravel and other scripting languages with PHP Development – your pay could go very high indeed.
Most people in this profile move on to other positions after 10 years in this career. And like in all jobs, experience strongly influences your payat this job.
Freelancing is another great option where you can command your pay as a skilled PHP developer in India.
Future Scope of PHP in India
Once you take the test and manage to qualify it, you receive a declaration form that your PHP training and certification are validated and approved. But it is also imperative to retain that the certification just like any other documentation of your valid educational qualification. The real growth and success will come from the implied knowledge and execution of the same in the real world.
- Professionals in top notch companies will prefer PHP for their web application development
- It will be used more over other languages because of its benefits
- PHP is here to stay for at least the next 10 years quite comfortably.
The Final Word
The PHP certification exam is an eye opener for developers. It lets them contemplate on their position as developers. This test is an opportunity for developers to distinguish themselves from the beginners. Also, the validity of the certification opens them to a gateway of opportunities that can be pursued in different. It is a simple platform to explore and gain an understanding of where you need to put in efforts. This is the value that you will gain by earning a PHP certification, irrespective of performance and result.