Network administrators have a number of jobs including identifying the network requirements, check for updates and many more. But, the most important of all is maintaining the security of the networks. Compromising on this aspect can lead to unforeseen consequences.
One reason why security professionals and administrators are encouraged to take the CEH certification is to ensure the complete security of the networks in turn maintaining the reputation of the businesses. Most IT organizations recruit information security professionals who are trained in the trade and have earned the certification. Here is why the certification is considered important.
Importance of CEH Certification for Security Professionals
- More than safeguarding: In every organization, the one medium that keeps all the devices like PCs, phones, servers etc connected is internet. So, whoever has access to the internet can access all the data stored in these devices, whether personal or official. Companies do have safeguards in place against these unauthorized accesses. But, it is easy for people with expertise to break into these with the right techniques.So, an alternative is to think like the hackers think. When you know their techniques and tactics, you can automatically save yourselves from them. It is better to understand the mindset of your enemy to know how they will work against you. This is exactly what the certification teaches.
- Hacker traps hacker: EC council has introduced the certification to learn how the hackers think and behave. The course content helps the administrators and security professionals safeguard their networks against possible threats and keep the information safe. Hackers will move to weaker targets if they find that your security system is tough to break. Thus, the hackers will have to take double pain to enter your networks which would eventually lead them to dropping the idea.
- Learning about exploits: Apart from understanding the tools of the hackers, the course acquaints you with the lifecycle of an exploit. Many professionals are not clear about how the exploits evolve and take control of your system. You will be trained to respond to the known vulnerabilities and keep an eye on the beginning and progress of exploits and the way they cause havoc in the real world. CEH enables you to look at these exploits objectively and identify weaknesses of the networks way before the hackers do.
- Complete understanding: Another advantage of joining an ethical hacking course and getting certified is that it gives immense knowledge about hacking and related stuff. Even though most of the professionals have an idea about the tools to be used, they do not have deeper knowledge of using these for criminal motives. Being certified makes you skilled in identifying how the attackers will use the tools for their benefit. This helps you take steps to secure your networks better.
- Hands-on experience: Ethical hacking is all about doing the real hacking as done by the malicious hackers. So, ethical hackers need to be well-trained to conduct hacking. The CEH course provides enough hands-on experience to the learners to make them comfortable with the ways of ethical hacking. Using the hacking techniques will give you a new way of making your networks secure. You will be taught to test, scan, hack and thereby secure the networks in the most efficient manner.Thus, the CEH course urges the professionals to think out of the conventional ways. They start seeing things from the view of the hackers and take the right steps that are beneficial for the organization. The course consists of everything including the tools of hacking as well as ethics which the security pros would require to excel in the field.
Read Related Blog- Interview Questions and Answers for CEH Certified Professional