One of the leading IT companies in the world, Oracle has more than 300 certifications to offer. These courses are from 9 different categories and cover subject areas including databases, systems, applications, virtualization, enterprise management and others. The courses focus on the software, platforms, tools and technologies that Oracle offers to its worldwide clients, and aim to create a skilled workforce that can use the Oracle offerings with expertise and ease.
The Oracle Database Certifications
The Oracle courses and database certifications cover multiple credentials. The 3 broad categories under which the Oracle database certifications can be grouped are:
1.Database Application Development:
These certifications provide the IT worker skills towards deploying the Oracle application in a safe way. The related certifications in this realm include:
● SQL and PL/SQL: oriented towards learning of the SQL programming language.
● The Oracle Application Express or Oracle APEX: imparts skills towards self-servicing provisions and development based on the browsers, the tool being scalable and effortlessly manageable.
2. My SQL:
The Oracle certification category offers courses that help you learn more about the complex features related to the SQL language and increase your resume’s value. The 2 certifications here are:
● My SQL database administration: provides skills related to the scaling of the database and other applications related to it.
● My SQL Developer: the skills attained here are towards the development of the Query writing processes and techniques so that you can create easy-to-interpret reports for the end users.
3. Oracle Database
Oracle databases are in demand worldwide. These certifications help you be an expert towards administering the databases. 4 different certifications are covered in this expertise area. These include:
● Oracle Database 12c: this certification imparts the DBAs (Database Administrators) skills that are necessary and required to administer the Oracle databases on a day-to-day basis. It also helps them design, improve and implement the recovery and backup processes. The experts can consolidate the operations by using the multitenant and pluggable container databases.
● Oracle Database 11g: the certification imparts skills towards the efficient handling of the secure, reliable, manageable and cost-effective Oracle database 11g, which can be used towards all kinds of workloads.
● Database cloud: this is an advanced certification related to the administration of Oracle databases.
● Oracle Spatial 11g: the certification imparts education and skills towards the analysis, presentation and management of spatial data.Nowadays, more than 80% of data received by a business organisation can be classified as spatial data.
The Oracle certifications are imparted at different levels, Associate being the primary one. Other and higher levels are Professional Master, Expert and Specialist levels. You will have to start from the lowest (associate) level. The higher certifications will help you enhance your skills, and will also bring to you greater skills, knowledge and salary.
Learning the course
You can join the Oracle online university towards the completion of the database certification courses, while there are other virtual institutes that tie up with Oracle and are certified to provide you database and other kinds of Oracle certifications as well. The instructor-led training sessions will ensure that you get all the knowledge and skills that you need to complete guide the certifications easily and in time. The course materials are also available and you will have to learn them in order to answer the questions correctly when you face the final multiple-answer type Oracle Database certification exam.
Depending on the kind of database certification you have, you will possess the requisite know-how towards the management of Oracle databases. The databases can be used at the junior, middle and senior levels. The certifications and credentials will validate your skill and knowledge claims and are best suited towards career growth when you also possess hands-down and real-world experience, as well. The certifications will help companies easily recognise your skills and will make you get placed instantaneously.