CEH or Certified Ethical Hacker certification is for the IT professionals who seek a career in the security let that be System security, Network security, Server security, Web application Security, Cloud Security or Mobile Security. The CEH professional easily understands the loopholes and vulnerabilities that are found in a computer network or security system. He or she then uses the information to improve the system. The ethical hacker, as the CEH certified professional may be said to be working as, thinks just like a criminal hacker in many ways, finding out the weaknesses of a computer and network. But the focus here is towards giving system and processes more teeth in lieu of the security threats. The EC-Council University is a fully accredited institution and is a leading cyber security education centre, and its certifications are recognized throughout the world.
Purposes the CEH Certification Solves
A single leading certification like CEH can solve multiple issues relating to the IT security. CEH:
- Establishes and governs the minimum standards towards information system security.
- Shows and informs that the person possesses the minimum requisite skills for preventing IT hacks.
- Is a groundwork on which the ethical hacking profession lies, and is self-regulating.
Exam Schedules for CEH Certification
The CEH exam has duration of 4 hours and has around 125 questions. A candidate has to answers questions through their multiple answers (has to one choose from a number of answers).
The results of the CEH exam are out in less than 5 minutes after the exam duration is over. Hence you do not have to wait for days or week to know the outcome. Along with the outcome or end result, you will also be able to know in which areas you have done good and in which ones you have lagged. The digital certificate comes to you in less than a week after you pass out the exam successfully. The physical certificate comes to you in a week or so. Along with the letter comes the “welcome letter” that includes you in the family of the IT security professionals and awards you the title of “Certified Ethical Hacker”.
Eligibility for Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
There are two ways of being eligible for the CEH course.
- If you attend the official CEH certification training, you must have an experience in any 3 (out of 5) CCISO domains.
- If you do not attend the training, you need to show that you have experience in all of the 5 CCISO domains.
How to Prepare for CEH Certification and Exam
If you have the requisite experience, you can appear for the CEH exam. You can also clear the EISM exam, and apply for the CEH certification after gaining the requisite experience. You can get yourself trained for the exam at the EC-Council Accredited training centres. Other than this, training can also be attained at the iClass platform, or at the council approved institutions. Below are the 3 ways through which you can get trained for the CEH certification exam.
Related Blog:- Tips to Pass CEH V9 Exam
EC-Council Online, Trainer-Led Program
The cost of joining the live, instructor-led and online training is $2,895. The online training runs within the time period of 8 am-4 pm, from Monday to Friday every week. Other than the official courseware, you also get a 6 months access to the online labs. Other features of the most expensive CEH training program include the “certification exam voucher” and the “test preparation program”.
Training the Websites of the EC-Council’s Clients
Apart from its own website, EC council also lets its clients access its training website, and impart training to all who seek it. Here you get everything that the $2,895 training offers, except for the online training sessions that are provided by the EC-Council certified trainers. You will get the courseware, access to online labs, test preparation program and also a “test pass guarantee”.
The fee for the CEH certification training book may be around $850 in the U.S. It is close to $885 at other places in the world. The e-courseware book consists of the digital lab manual and the digital courseware. It also has the tools that can be used for learning the hacking techniques and for improving the security of IT networks. All of the stuff can be downloaded easily, and as it has a complete set of instructions, you can also use the book to do self-learning at your own pace.
Also Read:- Interesting Facts about Ethical Hacking Tricks
Benefits of Becoming Certified Ethical Hacking: Why CEH Certification for Your Career
CEH is simply one of the most advanced and latest of all ethical hacking courses available today. It spans over 18 current domains of security, covering 18 different modules. The CEH course can alone cover more than 270 IT technologies that have been used by hackers in recent times. CEH helps you learn in the real-time scenarios. You get access to more than 2200 tools related to hacking and can achieve a real-world experience through the 140 labs, which is what is required to face and destroy real hacking attempts.
- CEH is a globally recognized IT security certification. Hence it helps you get a high-paying job no matter in what part of the world you live and work.
- Helps you attain hacking skills that are really in demand.
- Is the first step in the line of a lucrative IT security profession, as the certification will help you attain the higher certifications as well.
- Helps you gain extensive and comprehensive knowledge of the tools that the hackers use towards hacking purposes.
- Makes you proficient at securing the web applications, networks, and assets of a company or organization.
- Helps you think like a hacker. The IT professionals who are adept at using the “white hat” techniques can easily get a glimpse into the mind-set of the criminal hacker and predict their next move.
- Helps you to attain the higher certifications in the security domain, like the LPT or Licensed Penetration Tester.
- The comprehensive course helps you understand all the risk, vulnerabilities and risks that may be associated with a security system. You can easily judge and solve the issues that an organization faces while conducting its daily and routine activities and operations.
- Makes you expert at finding the security loopholes. You would be able to understand the exploit lifecycle fully and may be able to forecast the attackers as well.
CEH hence makes you an expert at password cracking, perimeter defences, hacking tools, firewall evasion and intrusion detection among other areas that are very prominent and important towards IT security.
Also Read:- Cyber Security Certifications For 2018
CEH Certification Course Contents
The CEH course and certification involves task domains like ethics, mitigation, reporting, security testing, system development, design, analysis and management, and security testing. Knowledge domains include security, background, analysis and assessment, ethics, policy, procedures, and tools among others. Much more than mere penetration testing, the CEH course also involves a host of other issues, subjects, and topics. You will learn:
- The incident management procedures
- Footprint and the countermeasures
- Enumeration techniques and centre measures
- Trojans, their analysis and counter measures
- Steganography and steganalysis attacks and the covering of tracks
- Malware, worms and viruses, their functioning and detecting of the SQL injections
- Wireless encryption and hacking methodology and the Wi-Fi security tools
- DDoS attacks and tools used for the purpose, countermeasures of the attacks
- Defining the IT network
- Mobile OS security, vulnerabilities of the Android OS, and Windows OS vulnerabilities
- Structure of honeypot, IDS and Firewall, tools related to their evasion and the countermeasures
Future Prospects and Salary
The CEH certification will help you earn more, and will take you to next heights in the IT security professional domain. The certification will make your resume hot and favourite in the eyes of the recruiters. Below are some jobs and the salaries they get, and all of these requiring CEH as the base qualification of the candidate.
- Information security analyst: Rs 175, 665 to Rs 982, 635
- Security consultant (computing/IT/networking); Rs 221,521 to Rs 1,169,328
- CEH or Certified Ethical Hacker: Rs 175,665 to Rs 982, 635
- Penetration tester: Rs 101, 367 to Rs 1,676,700
- Security engineer: Rs 187, 900 to Rs 1,072, 000
A candidate who has the CEH certification is today preferred over others. The certification helps you know in detail about the different vulnerabilities and nuances of IT system. The course also provides an insight into the exploit’s lifestyle. Few professionals have the requisite skill, knowledge, and expertise to judge the exploits, and know the destruction strength. Apart from the Fortune 500 companies, CEH professionals are also preferred by the Government institutions and bodies. Some of the well-known agencies hiring CEH professionals are CNSS or Committee on the National Security Systems, the NSA or National Security System, and DoD or the Department of Defence among others. Anybody who wishes to be an expert in the area and get the other higher certifications should also complete CEH in order to be eligible for them. If you are looking for the CEH ethical hacking course in Delhi, there are several online options available.
Read Related Blog:- Interview Questions and Answers for CEH Certified Professional