Cyber Security is a one of the key concerns of business enterprises worldwide. No company wants to be targeted by the rampant cyber-attacks that currently plague organisations all over the globe. Most of the high profile cyber security breaches in 2015 were from healthcare and manufacturing industry. But it is evident from the statistics and numbers prove that no organisation, big or small, is safe from an impending data breach.
7 Facts about Cyber Security
- Cyber-attacks in 2015 cost businesses a whopping $400 billion – Lloyds report
- Number of records exposed in 2015 was 169 million, stemming from a total number of 781 data breaches across different industries. – ITRC Data Breach Reports 2015
- More than 40% of consumers have been a victim of cyber fraud – Vantiv and Socratic Technologies survey
- Around 70% of cyber-attacks go undetected – Bank of America Merrill Lynch report
- Projected global cost of cyber-attacks in 2019 is $2.1 trillion – Lloyds report
- Just 38% of organizations claim that they are fully geared to handle a cyber-attack. – 2015 Global Cybersecurity Status Report | ISACA International
- 2 million is the projected shortage of cyber security professionals by 2019 – UK House of Lords Digital Skills Committee
Given these facts and figures from different sources, it is quite apparent that while the frequency and intensity of cyber-attacks is growing exponentially, the availability of talent pool of certified personnel still lags behind.
3 Certifications to Fight the Cyber Security Skill Gap
- CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker
- CHFI – Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
CEH certification is the most popular hacking credential pursued by aspirants who want to know how to become an IT Security expert. However, apart from ethical hacking certification courses, there are many more options in the market that are equally lucrative. A rise in hacking incidents has boosted the demand for computer forensic investigators, thus answering the question for many who think why CHFI certification for computer forensics is a rewarding choice.
To choose the best certification according to your interests, experience and qualifications, please comment below and we will arrange a call back from Koenig’s expert IT security consultants.