If you are intrigued by news of hacking, intrusion detection, phishing attacks and cyber forensics, IT security is the right career option for you. A lucrative, but challenging branch of IT, information security is one of the highest paid careers of 2016. CompTIA Security+ training certification provides the right foundation to begin a career in this direction. As a beginner, here’s what you can do to enter the world of cyber security.
CompTIA Security+ Training
Getting trained from an authorized training partner plays a crucial role in determining your success rate to pass this Security+ certification. Lab sessions and scenario based learning act as a base for applying skills and knowledge in the real world. The Security+ course covers a wide range of topics that include:
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Network Security
- Data, Application and Host Security
- Compliance and Operational Security
- Access Control and Identity Management
CompTIA Security+ Exam
The exam for Security+ certification includes 100 multiple choice questions based on the above mentioned topics. It is a 90 minute test and passing score is 750 on a scale of 100-900. Two years of recommended work experience in IT administration is required with a security focus, along with Network+ certification.
Benefits of Security+ Course
- Vendor neutral – It offers vendor neutral knowledge that can be applied to any enterprise environment.
- Government approved – It is compliant with U.S. Department of Defense as well as FISMA (Federal Information Security Management Act)
- Globally Recognized – Being vendor neutral and government approved, Security+ credential is globally recognized as the benchmark for establishing expertise in information and network security.
- Industry supported – It is valid across industries since the knowledge gained is applicable to an enterprise of any scale and size.
- Validation of skills – A Security+ certification validates the skills and expertise acquired to manage and secure an organization’s network.
- Salary hike – Bureau of Labor Statistics has revealed as per their study that Security professionals earn nearly $86,000 per year on an average.
Also Read:- Cyber Security Interview Questions and Answers
Koenig Solutions, the #1 offshore IT training organization, is a trusted and Authorized Gold Partner of CompTIA for all CompTIA certifications including Security+. You can choose from multiple delivery formats offered by Koenig to complete your training – Classroom training, Live Virtual Classroom, Fly-me-a-Trainer or Flipped Classroom. For classroom training, you can opt for the training location of your choice and select from training centers in India (New Delhi, Bangalore, Goa, Shimla, Dehradun) and UAE (Dubai).
Read Related Blog:- Top Certifications in Cyber Security