Building up from where we left off a few weeks ago in our blog, we are back with the 2nd part of the Top 10 IT Skills that Promise Lucrative Careers in 2015.
6. Programming and Application Development
- Certain technologies may shine and fade away, but Programming and Application Development shall forever be IT skills that are pre-requisites to make a lucrative career for oneself.
- Many programming languages are gearing a return to prominence such as PHP, and Ruby on Rails.
- The Java developer community itself is a 9-million strong demographic, with almost 100,000 jobs being created every year, and an average salary of $67,000 USD (according to payscale.com).
7. Technical Support:
- With great Technology, comes great Technical Support. Everyone acknowledges the role that Tech Support personnel play in ensuring that the application or the software performs to its fullest.
- With high-end and heavy applications being designed day-in-and-day-out, ensuring server upkeep, and maintenance of hardware assumes utmost importance. However, it is a must to have certified knowledge of handling Servers, exchange servers, and Operating systems.
- Tech Support jobs are available the year round, and pay within the range of $45,000 – $55,000 USD (according to prospects.ac.uk)
8. Web Development
- Web Application design and development is an arena that constantly throws up wonderfully intricate applications specifically for the web. Since most interactions and transactions now happen on mobile devices, Web Applications have to be extra appealing to grab attention.
- Almost all web applications use Java or PHP, and are developed on the Solaris OS, and hence deep knowledge of these technologies are of paramount importance.
- Web Application development is a niche field and NASSCOM predicts over 10,000 job openings in India alone, with an average annual salary of more than 500,000 Rupees.
9. Database Administration
- Database Administration is a skill that never goes out of fashion. As Big Data and Data Analytics gear up to make the Internet of Things the biggest boom so far this century, Cloud services need to be top notch and Database Administrators play the biggest role in ensuring effective data management.
- “Think database administration, think Oracle”, is a line often repeated by most people in the IT world. Having an Oracle Certification under one’s belt, ensures a strong career as a DBA.
- DBA jobs are always in demand, and the salaries often range within the amounts of $78,000 – $120,000
10. Mobile Application
- The world is all about being on the move, and the increasingly expanding world of mobile applications is a testament to that fact. There is an app for EVERYTHING now.
- App Design varies for different Operating Systems, and learning the nuances of each OS is necessary. Android and Apple Mobile App Design Courses should take care of that discrepancy.
- Mobile Application development is a high-end domain and payscale.com forecasts over 60,000 job openings by the end of 2015, with an average annual salary of $60,000 USD.