Ruby on Rails (a.k.a “Rails”) is fast becoming an increasingly popular framework to build websites on. It offers easily customizable and cost effective solutions for website development and maintenance, while simultaneously ensuring a more robust and better performing site.
But is it the best fit for YOU? Here are a few benefits and characteristics of Ruby on Rails that might help you make that decision.
The Advantages of Ruby on Rails
For business owners, the primary benefits with employing the services of Ruby on Rails are:
- Quicker Launch: Sites that normally require at least 12 weeks for development, take less than 6 weeks to launch when developed with Ruby on Rails. This stitch in time much more than nine, and is largely a result of
- A more robust code-structure (less repetition/duplicity/redundant code)
- A customizable design (re-using components that exist already and customizing them, rather than developing everything from the beginning)
- Plug-ins already exist in the framework, thereby reducing the need for developing things from scratch.
- Easier Changes: Once the site has been launched, further modifications (e.g., adding new features, making changes to the data model) are quickly implemented, for reasons similar to the ones mentioned above.
- High Cost-Benefit Ratio: Owing to the speed associated with developing and maintaining Rails sites, the amount needed to be invested is also less. But less money doesn’t mean a sub-standard result. The development and maintenance proceeds without any compromise on the quality or performance of the site.
When and Who Should Use Ruby on Rails?
Ruby on Rails should ideally be used for website development in the following industries:
E-Commerce: Rails’ user-friendly approach and modular features offer tremendous amounts of benefits to e-commerce solutions in the development of their sites. High-end features namely, bulk uploads (especially handy when there are thousands of products involved), algorithms for customized pricing, and runtime resizing/cropping of photos (making product thumbnails) make Ruby-On-Rails an extremely important and advantageous framework for E-Commerce industry.
Membership Sites: Social networking features are pretty much embedded into the Rails framework. The availability of a variety of plugins can overcome and solve any SM challenge whatsoever.
Content Management: If your website or industry is involved in presenting and publishing articles, audio content or other related content, the easy scalability and navigation that Ruby on Rails possesses makes it one of the prime requirements for Content Management organizations.
Custom Database Solutions: Increasing requirement of customized solutions need a robust and efficiently manageable database solution. Ruby on Rails is synonymous with Custom Database Solutions and provides organizations with increased flexibility whenever load balancing is in question.
So, if your site/organization ticks the aforementioned requirement boxes, Ruby on Rails is just the framework for you.
Great! Where can I learn more about this?
Come to Koenig! We’re the leading IT Training Company in the world and offer the latest and the most pertinent Ruby on Rails Certification courses.
To learn more, visit our website: http://www.koenig-solutions.com/ruby-on-rails.aspx