What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. -Albert Pine
Nowadays, through the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility, businesses are giving back to the community. Every man must walk in the light of creative altruism. Businesses should manage to carry out a by and large affirmative impact on the community, society and environment in which it functions. You can also manage your organization’s capital so as to benefit the common man trusteeship.
So, here are some initiatives from the myriad CSR activities that can be taken:
- The company can adopt a school in a village and employ qualified teachers with high backgrounds in their subjects, as there is an inherent lack of quality primary education in the rural areas.
- The organization can donate computers to schools in rural areas and also offer free of cost computer training to the students, so that they can learn and develop their IT skills.
- Blood donation camps are one of the best ways to give back to the society, and the organization can organize one and request the general public to donate blood alongside the employees.
- With the growing awareness of athletics and fitness, donating quality sports and fitness equipments would influence the students to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
- Free adult literacy courses can augment the employment rate of the country and bring down the poverty levels.
- The company can tie-up with a prolific hospital and provide free health check-ups in rural areas.
- Join hands with an NGO and help them out by providing monetary funds and the likes.
- The Company can invite the general public to donate food in a food camp, which will be later distributed in a village or provided to the orphans.
- The employees can offer handsome amount of money, toys, new clothes, etc to orphans.
Koenig CSR team aims at providing education to underprivileged children to mentor them for a better future. Education is the most powerful catalyst for social transformation as it empowers a person to earn her/his living, it amplifies one’s consciousness on a variety of issues from healthcare to apposite social behavior, to comprehend one’s rights – in sprouting as a better citizen. Koenig believes that charity and philanthropy are the main drivers of CSR that help a community move forward.