Conceived in 2000, the Oracle Application Express has had many names attributed to it like Project Marvel, HTML DB, Apex, Flows, etc. Built within an Oracle Database, this application creation environment is free software that is installed along with the installation of the Oracle Database Express Edition. Its installation is free of cost even for installations on other Oracle Databases too.
The Oracle Application Express training works on honing an Oracle programmer’s skills so that the he/ she can:
- Develop web applications on the Apex framework and deploy it through Oracle Application Express.
- Create and manage database objects and page wizards using websheet applications.
- Gain a comprehensive insight on application components like dynamic actions, shared components, plug-ins, etc.
- Modify and use the available templates and themes.
- Secure the applications created by limiting user access
- Set up an application to a production environment from a production environment.
Using the Oracle Application Express, the most inexperienced of programmers can create complex applications for the web. The software offers a host of advantages like:
- It’s a fast growing web based technology
- The same skill set that is required for developing PL/ SQL applications can be used to develop Apex applications.
- Mock-up creation is easy
- Apex applications are easy to deploy
- They are scalable and can be installed on standalone servers and laptops, besides the usual Oracle RAC installations.
- User community is supportive and strong
- Oracle offers free hosting for demo applications.
The Oracle training on application express can be undertaken by individuals who want to gain a deeper insight into developing database centric web applications.
What are your takes on the Oracle Applications Express? Have queries regarding Oracle Certification? Post your thoughts and queries below and we will get back with all possible help.