Being ambitious in your career is good but it’s also important to know if the career choices you are making are justified. We often get carried away by seeing our acquaintances excel and do well in certain fields and jumping onto the same. Technologies change over time and so do market trends and demands, making it extremely important to evaluate the time, energy and monetary investment you are making.
IT certifications are a lucrative choice to make, helping you develop and excel in specialized areas and giving your career a much needed boost. However, deciding on the appropriate one for you is often a daunting task. To save the trouble, here is a list of top IT certifications that currently are the most lucrative:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): A foundation to construct your way into the higher Microsoft MCSA certifications, these new set of certifications launched by Microsoft are not only building blocks for a career but an excellent boost to an IT professional who is about to step into the real world of information technology.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification Prep – PMP®): Project Management Professional training is required for all IT professionals across all organizations to plan and manage time within budget constraints. The fact that IT companies are reducing on their manpower is because they require skilled and efficient people, who can perform and not merely operate.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP): A booming industry involved in creating of a virtual platforms that are pivotal in reducing infrastructure costs, especially in companies that are hardware intensive; a VMware certified professional has enormous potential and growth stored in it, in times to come.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): Amongst the various good security certifications available, the CISSP is one of the most lucrative and rewarding with the highest salary and respect. Organizations require protecting their network, systems and data and with the shift of data storage in to cloud systems, the demand for security professionals are on the high.
- Cisco CCIE Routing & Switching: The fifth highest paying certifications as per the technology industry, Cisco CCIE Routing & Switching certification is the most popular and demanded of them all, with the highest of pay scales.
While these are currently topping the list, there are many more certifications that are lucrative and have a bright future, such as Cisco CCPV, Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Cisco CCNP, Red Hat Certified Engineer, Android certified Programmers and many more. The noteworthy point however remains that training and certifications need to be chosen with a prior analysis and research to understand its relevance in one’s career, interests, current market demands and growth prospects; unless you would want to be wasting your resources!
Have questions, queries or comments that you would want to share. Post your thoughts below!
Latest Blog: Check the list of Top Paying IT Certifications for 2018