As an object oriented programming language, Java, has survived and thrived through a good two decades since its inception in 1995. A brainchild to James Gosling of Sun Microsystems, it was taken up by Oracle to be promoted. Java saw its use in various computing platforms ranging from mobile phones and embedded devices to supercomputers and enterprise servers. As an independent platform, it can run in just about any machine as long it has Java Virtual Machine (JVM) installed in it.
Simply put, the Java certification has a never ending demand only because of the Java language popularity. So why is it so popular? What makes it such a success in the IT industry? Here are a few facts related to Java certified professionals:
- The top most qualifier is most definitely the earning potential that Java Certified professionals have. Salary surveys conducted across the world, in the context of Java professionals, have revealed that the certified professionals earn more than their non-certified counterparts.
- Java certified professionals, because of their enhanced skill sets, are preferred over the non-certified professionals, by recruiters across the world.
- Certifications offered by Java are such that they can be aligned with existent job roles to enhance and work on existent skill sets. There are more than 500,000 Java certified professionals across the world making it the most popular certifications.
- Trainings on Oracle Java certifications help bridge the skills and knowledge gaps by refreshing the already known concepts and theories, therefore enhancing your programming/ developing skills.
- A lot of companies finance their employees to get such certifications, understanding the dual advantage of both the company’s and the employee’s growth prospects (usually sign contacts for a minimum serving period post the certification).
- The current industry requirement for Java programmers is huge, mainly because of the growing use of the Java platform and not enough certified professionals to fill in. Java certified professionals in the IT industry, for one, are one of the most difficult skill sets to find; as per IT recruiters.
- Certified individuals gain access to a number of elite forums, conferences and networking sites, which their non-certified counterparts cannot.
- The International Data Corporation (IDC), through its research papers have revealed that certified individuals help improve the organization’s overall performance.
- On a personal level, having a certification brings about a sense of confidence and accomplishment that further impacts the individual’s overall personality and performance.
Conclusively, be it SQL or Oracle Java certification there is a lot to gain from the investment. So stop thinking and take the plunge, because there is never going to be a moment of regret thereafter!
So what Java Certifications are you looking out for? Opting for e-trainings or offshore Oracle courses to prepare for it? What challenges are you facing? Share your thoughts, experiences, queries and takes with us.