If the new MS Lync 2013 is intriguing you and you’re keen to understand its key features, here comes a webinar to your liking. Attending this insightful webinar will make you the leader of your group! Koenig Solutions, world’s leading offshore IT training company is organizing a webinar on ‘Key Features of Microsoft Lync 2013’ on 26th April, 2013. The free webinar will commence at 2:30 pm (IST) or 9:00 am (GMT). Set a reminder, so that this lucrative opportunity is not missed by you. You will be interacting with the presenter for any questions through text. These two hours will help you gain an upper hand in the Lync Server domain.
MS Lync is a platform for unified communications of an organization. Lync assists in connecting people everywhere, no matter whether they are on MCSA Windows 8 or any other OS or mobile devices. With Lync, you are provided with a reliable, single client view for video, voice, presence and instant messaging. Those making use of Lync can be connected to anyone on Skype. It enables communication with a large number of people all over the globe. Lync also offers contact management, conferencing, presence, telephony and instant messaging (IM) features. Microsoft is prepared to introduce its new business servers suite fully loaded with a bundle of its key features.
Recent Blogs by Koenig:
What’s Next for System Administrators – Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.x Administration!
Get the Most of VMware vSphere v 5.1!
Best Features of VMware vSphere – What’s New 5.1
Rule the IT World with the System Administrator Certifications!
The agenda of this webinar will be based on the following topics:
- New Features of Lync 2013
- Architecture and Roles in Lync 2013
- Significant changes in Conferencing feature of Lync
- Integration with Exchange 2013
- Integration with Office Web Apps
- Archiving feature of Lync 2013
- Disaster Recovery mechanisms in Lync 2013
In addition, the following will also be discussed –
- Topology Modifications – MS has moved roles of archiving and monitoring to the Front End Server role as optional.
- Lync Web app – A latest version of this app holds complete conference support. It provides users with ease to attend meetings through their browsers, without the Lync client, supported well by video and audio, both.
- Enterprise voice features – There are several routing features in Lync Server 2013. These features are created for the aim of enhancing enterprise voice, for instance, supporting multiple trunks between gateways and mediation servers. Also, inter-trunk routing contributes for the cause to allow Lync Server to be an interface for various phone systems.
- New conferencing features – Lync Server 2013 broadens its client compatibility by inclusion of Windows 8, iOS, IE10, Android and Windows Phone. For higher resolution displays, sharing features of PowerPoint have been enhanced.
- Disaster recovery and improvements in high-availability – Front-end pools can now be paired in various data centers. If one of the pools goes down, it can be switched over to some other pool by the admin. Similarly, back-end server availability can be provided for the Lync databases through SQL mirroring.
- Persistent chat – This newly introduced server role has many components – PersistentChatStore, PersistentChatComplianceStore and PresistentChatService. The Lync Server control panel has integrated admin tools, including PowerShell cmdlets.
The webinar will be hosted by Mr. Rajesh Gogia. He holds a total experience of more than 12 years in various MS technologies. He specializes in scores of Microsoft technologies such as MS Exchange, MS SharePoint and Microsoft Lync 2013. In addition, he is a technical consultant and corporate trainer for Citrix. Mr. Gogia joined Koenig Solutions in 2002 as a corporate trainer and is a qualified MCT, MCTS and MCSA: Windows server 2012. He is credited to have provided numerous trainings at national and international levels.