Ever wondered how hackers crack passwords with such ease and dexterity? Well, believe it or not password hacking is considered to be the most common type of cyber attack on the World Wide Web. Given that a standard internet user has multiple accounts on various websites, it is safe to assume that we all try to avoid complexity and create a password that we, ourselves, can easily remember. However, users don’t realize that in order to avoid complex passwords, they are exposing their personal information as well as professional data in the hands of hackers. Although it’s not very simple to break into a password, there are various methods hackers use to bypass password authentication.
Read on to learn more..
- Guessing Passwords: Simply running a background check on the user will help the hacker come up with some intelligent guesses about what the password might be. This method needs a lot of patience and hard work, and hence a lot of passwords can hardly be cracked using this method.
- Default Passwords: Enterprise networks and softwares generally have default passwords. Managed by network and system administrators, these passwords are easier to guess and crack into.
- Dictionary Attacks: Hackers use automated tools that perform the trial and error method to try out all words from a dictionary. For anyone who has kept a password right out of a dictionary from any language, this method will bust it! However, it is rare to find success in this method since hardly a few people would keep a single dictionary word as their password.
- Pattern Checking: Applying commonly used and easy to remember patterns can help hackers a great deal in cracking password barriers. Some common patterns in passwords are 12345, abcd, or alphabets that are close to each other on the keyboard.
- Word-list Substitution: Passwords that substitute words with special characters or numbers are also considered to be weak. Hackers can decipher the underlying meaning easily and recognize the words making up the password. For example, p@$$w0rd.
- Brute Force Password Hacking: Brute force hacking follows a systemized approach to uncover possible passwords. The tool used by hackers for brute force hacking tries all permutations and combinations to reveal the password. This method is very time consuming and is usually coupled with other methods (such as pattern checking and word list substitution) to arrive at a character set, on which brute force hacking is then applied.
There are various other methods in which the security of your confidential information can be compromised. As they say, in order to beat the opponent, you should learn to play by their rules. Same holds true for hacking. In order to keep the integrity of your data, learn to protect it by finding out the loopholes first. An ethical hacker performs this function very well. If you also wish to know more about ethical hacking and various techniques which can be applied for your IT security, Koenig is offering this one-of-a-kind seminar which is open for all. Learn Ethical Hacking in 4 Hours by simply attending this seminar, to be held on 30th March 2013 at Koenig Campus. The latest trends in ethical hacking will be revealed by industry experts in this purely practical session. The entry to the ethical hacking seminar is free of cost, however, a certificate of participation will be issued at just Rs. 99!
Recent Blog Posts by Koenig:
So if you’re a tech freak who wants to learn ethical hacking just for fun, simply walk in at Koenig Delhi office to participate for free. However, if you wish to enhance your career portfolio with a prestigious ethical hacking certificate, you are required to pay Rs.99. This is quite a meager price to pay for such an esteemed skill. The opportunity is now or never! So confirm your seat by giving a call at 9910710143 or dropping an email to email@example.com. You can pay for the certificate on the spot when you come to attend the seminar. For more information, please visit http://www.koenig-india.com/lp/free-workshops.aspx
So get this 4-hour ethical hacking training to gain useful insights into the world of cyber attacks and learn how to guard your data effectively. What’s more? You also get a certificate that enhances your resume for future job prospects. So hurry, register for the session now and flaunt your new skill in style!