Technology has proved to be a windfall for entrepreneurs. It has enhanced work efficiency, productivity and mobility at reasonable rates. But with boon, technology has brought in its trail certain security threats for computer systems and business networks. Thus, it is important to make sure that your business information, data and networks are safe. Some intruders manage to break into IT systems, even when security mechanisms are in place.
So, the question arises ‘how to ensure security of your IT systems?’ As a matter of fact, hacking course can only occur if some loose ends are open for attackers to creep in. To protect your business from hackers, it is prudent to nourish it with as many security measures as possible. For your assistance, here are some safety tips that will help you in protecting your business from a bothersome crash.
- Provide Strong Passwords – The secret of success for several cyber attacks lies in weak passwords. It is prudent to protect wireless systems, sensitive data and every equipment with distinctive passwords and user names. Create passwords having a wise combination of letters, numbers and symbols. Such passwords are the strongest. Ensure that they are not based on general dictionary terminologies, common places or easy to crack dates like birthdays. In case a master document you fashion contains every user pass-code, encrypt the same with a password of its own and find a secure place to store it.
- Design Secure Systems – Restrict your technology setup access to keep malicious intruders at bay. Curtail failure points by eliminating access to software and hardware which can be avoided, and curbing privileges of individual systems and users only to required programs and equipment. Use an inimitable set of login details, email ids, domain names and servers for every department, user or work group.
- Check Backgrounds and Conduct Screening – Most of the attacks crop up from within the network firewalls. Right from the mail-room to administrative group, monitor every worker. Research for reliability of your personnel. Frame a trial period and throughout the period, restrict or prohibit accessibility towards sensitive data. It will smoothen the monitoring process of new staff for any doubtful network activity.
- Give Basic Training – Carelessness or human errors give way to several security infringes. Create a corporate culture accentuating on computer security by such training series that notify you about risks of weak passwords, sloppy use of programs, devices and networks. Your staff should be competent enough when it comes to security steps, right from disposal process of basic documents to protocols in order to handle lost passwords.
- Avoid Strange Email Attachments – Never open any email attachments that you find strange. They may contain Trojan programs, computer worms and viruses. Always confirm about the contents of the email before opening any attachment. If the source of the email attachment is unacquainted, delete the mail as a cautious step. Block the sender from whom such an email has arrived and let others also know about this.
- Update the Computer OS – Security safeguards are often upgraded by manufacturers. Hackers look for computers that are not secured with the recent safeguards. To keep hackers at an arm’s length, sign up for installing security measures. Go for automatic updates of anti-virus software. Also install software to detect spyware and block spam and certain programs that can be installed secretly into your computer from an outside source so that the hacker can extract precious business information.
Malicious hackers can cause your business to come down to knees by stealing important information or viruses that can cause havoc to your systems. With the above mentioned measures for safeguarding your organization against attackers, you can ensure overall health of your IT systems. You can also opt for the IT Security Services provided by us.
Recent Blog Posts by Koenig: