Windows has always been looked upon as a trusted OS. But the question arises ‘Is it really trust worthy?’ The answer to this question is now just a click away. Koenig Solutions, a leading IT offshore training firm, presents yet another webinar for those who wish to further their technical understanding and know-how. This time, the focus is on security of Windows OS. The webinar titled ‘Are you really secure with Windows!’ is free and open for participation. So mark your calendar for 27th February, 2013 and take your places in front of your computer screens sharp at 3:30 PM (IST) or 10:00 PM (GMT). The one-hour session will throw light on various methods to secure Windows including an introduction to Backtrack and Armitage.
About the Webinar
The webinar is aimed at highlighting the various approaches users can employ to safeguard Windows and maintain security of the system. Some of the components you will be introduced to:
- Introduction to Backtrack – Backtrack is a Linux distribution offered as Live CD or USB for the purpose of penetration testing. Penetration testers are equipped with an all-inclusive collection of tools related to security, support live USB or live CD as well as permanent installation, provided by BackTrack. Personalized distributions can also be created by incorporating additional tools, configurable kernels and customizable scripts. Some popular security tools like KISMET, NMAP etc. are also included in Backtrack.
- Introduction to Armitage (Tool used for the Exploitation) – Armitage is a tool used for making penetration testing easier and faster without having the need to memorize scores of command lines. It is a front end Java GUI designed for the Framework of Metasploit.
The webinar will also cover demonstrations covering the exploitation of a few versions of Windows. This will include:
1) Exploitation of Windows XP
2) Exploitation of Windows 7
3) Exploitation of Windows machine by IE vulnerability
The MS Windows OS is amongst the most widely used and famous platforms on the globe. It has more than 1.15 billion users! This webinar guides you about the technique of tweaking the OS and use its functionality, looks, experience and features to your best advantage. You will learn about security tricks, tips and hacks that are globally in use for better security of Windows. In addition, you also get to know about customizing nearly every aspect of Windows to gel with your personal inclinations and make the most of its security mechanisms. The webinar will equip you with the capability to safeguard your Windows system from common loopholes, threats and vulnerabilities. It will inculcate in you a better sense of awareness about Windows security related issues and practices
An Introduction to Software Testing Courses on February 22nd, 2013
New Key Features of Exchange 2013 on February 25th, 2013
Are you really secure with Windows on February 27th, 2013
Introduction of ModSecurity on February 28th, 2013
Emerging trends in Software Testing on February 28th, 2013
You can also come up with your doubts or questions regarding the webinar topic and the presenter will answer all your queries. So, if you want your Windows OS to have better security, while giving you the power to customize its feel and look, and control all its features and aspects; this webinar will prove to be a great learning experience.
The speaker at the webinar will be Mr. Rajneesh Upadhayay (CEH). He is a dedicated and enthusiastic IT professional having substantial experience in network and computer security. He holds a brilliant track record with a blend of sound technical knowledge and expertise in malware analysis, network communications, network log analysis, computer forensics, installation of computer hardware and software, support, configuration, troubleshooting, detection of security threats and intrusion investigations.
He has a rich experience of more than 2 years in cyber security course. He is also credited with delivering more than 200 lectures on Cyber Security and Ethical hacking in reputed Universities/colleges. He is an Infosec Corporate Trainer and provides training in various domains such as CEH Certification, CHFI, Security+ and Advance Penetration testing with BackTrack. The speaker is highly proficient in areas including Web Vulnerability Assessment, Security Architecture Review, Risk Management and Network Security Assessment.