If you thought that you’ll have to be patient and wait for VMware vSphere version 6 for improvements in the current edition, you are wrong! VMware recently unveiled the vSphere 5.1 with some significant changes and enhancements that further increase the scope of vSphere platform. Koenig Solutions, on the other hand, wasted no time in launching the VMware vSphere course for the new 5.1 version. Koenig understands the need of being technology-ready at all times to support the growing demands of an ever changing industry. Apart from higher capacity and storage, VMware vSphere 5.1 will throw light on a host of new developments and additions in the capabilities of vSphere.
Features of VMware vSphere Course
Let’s take a look at some of the important features of the new edition highlighted in the VMware vSphere course:
- Improvement in virtualization support – AMD RVI and Intel-VT features are enhanced with further penetration in virtual machines which facilitates virtualization inside virtualization.
- Increased CPU Support – The new vSphere version 5.1 virtual machines can now be configured to work with 1TB RAM and up to 64 virtual CPUs.
- Support for SR-IOV – This feature of Single Root Input/Output Virtualization lets some particular Intel NICs to directly transfer data into virtual machine memory without using the hypervisor.
- Storage Efficiency – The hardware/software storage improvements include: Jumbo frame support for iSCSI adapters, ability to bootfrom FCoE, and support for an FC of 16 GB.
- Thin Disks with Space Reclaiming abilities – These specialized disks have the ability to recover blocks from the disk that were deleted while VM is on running mode.
- Improved VAAI – VAAI has improved to allow support to faster vApps of vCloud Director to utilize VAAI enabled snapshots that are based on NAS arrays.
- Scalable Block Size – Usually thin disks use static 4 KB block sizes. However, in the new version, block size is indirectly tunable based on the underlying array for storage.
- Better Storage DRS – Storage DRS is enhanced for vCloud Directory workloads. Now, linked clones are easily migrated from data stores if a base disk exists, or even if its shadow copy exists. Storage DRS can now also be used to initially place the workloads while using the vCloud Director.
- Implementation of vSphere SMART: VMware vSphere 5.1 release has come up with SMART reporting or Self Monitoring-Analysis-and-Reporting-Technology using esxcli commands for SSD and some other disks to report back their status. Additionally, esxcli has also advanced further to incorporate functionalities which directly reset certain FC adapters and retrieve information on event caching, for instance link down and link up.
Need for a VMware vSphere Course
The new version brings with itself a whole new platform capabilities that are best understood under the guidance of an expert. As virtualization steadily gains ground in the corporate sector, it uncovers a huge demand for certified professionals who can manage critical data and applications on virtual servers with finesse. The VMware vSphere 5.1 course offered by Koenig emphasizes the need for a hands on training experience along with thorough factual knowledge in order to successfully implement in the real world. Moreover, the VMware vSphere course 5.1 satisfies the prerequisite to appear in the advanced VCP 5 Data Virtualization certification as opposed to VCP 5.0 training which only warrants for the requirement of VCP 5 certification. Not only that, completing this VMware vSphere course and getting certified will help you jump the queue and join the league of professionals with technical expertise of 6 months in VMware environment.
Recent Blogs by Koenig Solutions
Koenig Solutions is continually coming up with innovative ideas to help IT professionals stay ahead of competition through knowledge. They are hosting an interactive technology event – Tech Day ’12 – which will feature informative technology sessions by industry experts. One of the sessions also include Virtualization as a topic of discussion, apart from SQL, Security and ASP.NET. When it comes to technology, Koenig is a cut above the rest.
To know more about the event and registration procedure, please visit http://www.koenig-india.com/tech-day/
So don’t hold back from an amazing opportunity to learn and grow with Koenig Solutions! Come join us for a 360 degree approach towards knowledge and learning!